和英辞典Vocabulary dictionary

漢字辞典 Kanji dictionary

文法辞典 Grammar dictionary

例文検索 Sentence lookup

test
 

掲示板 Forums - New game idea

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements



avatar
reddeath68
Level: 496

I am not sure how many people are familiar with "mad libs" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/... but that is basically my suggestion, a Japanese version of Mad Libs where the user is prompted for words by type, noun, adjective, etc etc;, and they then input whatever word they want that completes the sentence. It would also be a great way to actively practice conjugation in a more "organic" way than just memorizing.

4
1 day ago
avatar
マイコー
Level: 346

This seems like something that might work well in the forums if someone wants to take the time to write up a template :). Probably really good practice with the particles!

6
1 day ago
avatar

I could try running a test version in my Study Group. Is that the one where you fill out the template without looking at the story/sentence? Or would you be allowed to look at the sentence beforehand?

You could also use spoiler tags?


Something like this?

1) 場所 :

2) 動物 :

3) 食べ物 :

昨日、私は「1」に行きました。そこで「2」が「3」を食べました。


For things like verbs, would you specifically ask for 辞書形, 過去形, etc.? Maybe even more specific, e.g. 動詞「た形」?

4
1 day ago
avatar
reddeath68
Level: 496
ギョルギ九十三 (10月1日, 8:46)

I could try running a test version in my Study Group. Is that the one where you fill out the template without looking at the story/sentence? Or would you be allowed to look at the sentence beforehand?

You could also use spoiler tags?


Something like this?

1) 場所 :

2) 動物 :

3) 食べ物 :

昨日、私は「1」に行きました。そこで「2」が「3」を食べました。


For things like verbs, would you specifically ask for 辞書形, 過去形, etc.? Maybe even more specific, e.g. 動詞「た形」?

​

Yes that works, and hiding the sentence isn't needed. Typically mad libs ask for a mix of broad categories like noun, as well as more specific categories like place.

For example, a random mad lib I pulled off a search engine.

"It was a (adjective) day. (noun) and I were excited to go camping at (place). It was my first time going there. I packed my favorite (piece of clothing). It is (adjective) and (adjective). Perfect for camping! On the road we went in our (adjective) (adjective) van! We were listening to (song title) all the way down. The drive was about 5 hours but it was so worth it. When we got there we unpacked the van. I could smell (food) being cooked. It smelled (adjective). I (past tense verb) to the room I was staying in with my (noun). The next thing I knew, (noun) came and (past tense verb) on the bed. I heard my mom scream, "Get off the bed!". I (past tense verb) outside. I saw (noun). It was (noun). Over the next few days I got to (verb), (verb), and (verb). My camping trip was (adjective). I can't wait to go again.

They obviously don't need to be that long, and keeping them on the shorter side for learners may be a good idea as a large paragraph of Japanese text tends to make learners eye's glaze over, mine included. I would say probably 3 sentences should be enough, To use your above example, and forgive me if I butcher the Japanese as I am still learning and do more input than output as my goal is reading above all else.

昨日, 私は (場所) に行きました。そこで (動物) が (食べ物) を食べました。それが だった (形容詞) 経験。

Also for learners it might be better to leave the words you want like 場所 in English, especially for grammatical terms like 形容詞 as I had to look up the term myself since it is a bit less common in everyday speech.

4
7 hours ago
avatar
reddeath68
Level: 496
マイコー (09月30日, 21:54)

This seems like something that might work well in the forums if someone wants to take the time to write up a template :). Probably really good practice with the particles!

​
Oh for sure, especially as changing a single particle can drastically change the meaning of the sentence. It would be even cooler if it was eventually integrated into the games part of Renshuu.

4
7 hours ago
Getting the posts




Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements


Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:





Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana