和英辞典Vocabulary dictionary

漢字辞典 Kanji dictionary

文法辞典 Grammar dictionary

例文検索 Sentence lookup

test
 

掲示板 Forums - The usages of 続ける

Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese > Grammar Library Talk



avatar
Miori 美緒理
Level: 213

Hello, everyone!

May anyone help me with the usages of 続ける, please?

I know that it means "to continue doing something". However, in one of the Japanese learning resources, specifically [nihongokyoshi-net.com], I found the following two examples:


1. 私はこの鞄を10年以上も使い続けています。

I've been using this bag for over 10 years.


2. 1時間以上待ち続けているが、まだ飛行機が来ない。

I've been waiting for over an hour, but the plane hasn't arrived yet.


So, my question is, should I also use 続ける whenever I wanna say (I have been doing........)?


Thanks so much in advance! kao_yoroshiku.png

0
13 days ago
avatar

Not quite. You use 続けている. Literally “am continuing to” do.

1
13 days ago
avatar
Miori 美緒理
Level: 213
ポールおじちゃん (09月24日, 19:40)

Not quite. You use 続けている. Literally “am continuing to” do.

​


Oh, so for example, if I wanna say... (I have been using this lipstick for 20 years), can I say (私はこの口紅を二十年間使い続けています)?

or (I have been studying medicine for 15 years) —> 私は十五年間、医学を学び続けています。


Did I get that right? kao_sorry.png

0
13 days ago
Getting the posts




Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese > Grammar Library Talk


Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:





Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana