What if there was a way to increase the size of the images in the quizzes? Like a scaler from hidden to 100%? I find, well at least on my device, that the pictures are WAY too small no matter how I zoom in. (Yes I know I can click on them.) I believe this could potentially help people who struggle to connect words with their actual meaning in their head.
Left is normal.
Right is edited.
Although, I can see why this may be a slight problem for smaller devices since it could take up the entire screen.
Most users are indeed on smaller devices. Technically it is possible, and it would have to be a setting, but it might be something I can add in the future.
One possible pain point is that a fixed zoom is tricky when some users are on multiple devices for renshuu.
I do like that 2nd image, though! Works great for shorter words (2 kanji), but would get wonky with anything longer.